Spring is around the corner. If you are a landlord or property manager, you may be dreading it and wondering how to get all your tenants to do their parts. You are responsible for cleaning the exterior of the building. Tenants are responsible for interior management of the rental unit – including a few spring cleaning tasks. Solution: how about hosting a spring cleaning event?
Here are some tips on what to do and what to include in your spring cleaning event:
Spring cleaning is part of the interior management required of tenants to fulfill their part of annual property maintenance. Create a spring cleaning checklist or ‘tip list’ for them as part of your spring cleaning event.
Deep Cleaning Tasks
Prepare some deep spring cleaning tips for your tenant so they know what to do:
- Deep clean the carpets. Your tenant may need to call in professional carpet cleaners for a deep carpet clean – especially if they are planning on moving out.
- Wash all the windows, window screens, and sills.
- Scrub the walls to remove dust, smears, and hand-prints.
- Change the HVAC filters.
- Spring Cleaning Tasks for Landlords and Property Managers
- While your tenants do their best to restore the interior of their rental home to a pristine condition, you as landlord or property manager can get busy with some spring cleaning and exterior management and maintenance tasks.
Exterior Management tasks that landlords or property managers need to undertake include clearing gutters, pressure washing exterior walls, and ‘landscape grooming’
Spring is the perfect time to get the garden and grounds in order. Do it as part of a spring cleaning event to encourage your tenants on their tasks and lift their spirits after winter. Seeing you revamp the garden will boost their enthusiasm for their interior spring cleaning tasks.
Encourage Tenants to Donate
There’s always a lot of junk that needs to be disposed of after a spring clean. A spring cleaning event is a great way to encourage your tenants to give back to the community by donating their ‘junk’ to others in need.
Make it Fun: Organize a Sale
If your tenants want to sell some of their unwanted goods, organize a sale event for them as part of the spring cleaning event. A sale event can be a fun way to get the community together while getting the junk cleared at the same time.
Hire a Junk Removal Company
Last but not least, you need a reliable team of professionals who will come through and take away all unwanted items at the end of your cleanout. In the Hamilton, Burlington, or Oakville area? Contact Junkaroo today or visit our website for more information!